Monday 6 June 2011

Counting points the none WeightWatcher way

After posting yesterday I did managed to eat about another 700 calories. I made a mushroom and aubergine stroganoff with rice and garlic bread. I don't know exactly how many calories as I've taken various ingredients out of there original packages as I was getting far to hung up on calorie content. Now the packaging reads things like "rice, brown, 20 mins to boil", "tomatos, chopped" and "garlic bread, slices, 8 mins to grill". I'm trying to focus on what is actually the correct amount/ratio of each ingredient rather than what my thoughts tell me is ok.

[1 point for eating something when I didn't know the exact calorie content]

And today I've managed 1227 so far. It would have been less as I really wanted to skip lunch, but I knew a friend was going to be in town today, and when I started thinking about throwing my lunch away I made plans to meet her and have our packed lunches in a nearby park.

[1 point for making time for relaxing and 1 point for stopping myself from skipping lunch]

But I've really no idea where I'm going to get any more from today. I keep running over what we have in the cupboards and trying to think about what I feel ok with. But either way I've still consumed more than last week and I guess it's a work in progress.

1 comment:

  1. Hey :) I've just caught up with your recent entries. I love your points system, much better than freaking WeightWatchers! I'm sorry things have slipped further but it's great that you have managed to discuss things with your partner. Well done for getting your intake up - best of luck with the rest of the week. I hope things are going okay.

    ReplyDelete