Sunday 5 June 2011

Eating Enough

I did purge yesterday. But I tried to be proactive in battling it. We went out to visit friends last night and it involved about 45mins on buses to get there. Just before we left I made myself eat an entire bag of mixed nuts and fruit (about 800 calories worth) knowing that I probably wouldn't have the opportunity to get rid of it. It played on my mind all night and I was only slightly reassured when I weighed myself this morning to see that the number hadn't changed. But it has given me the ability to convince myself to eat a bit more today. I'm managed some fruit, some bran cereal with milk, and a piece of toast with light spread. I've calculated it to be 429 calories, which is above my batting average for this point in the day.

With the 800 from the dried fruit/nuts I think I managed just under 2000 calories yesterday, for the first time in months. This isn't really enough to gain weight back, but if I can keep it up I could try and not lose anymore until I can cope with adding a bit more. I'm by no means seriously underweight and if I can stay on top of this and keep a lid on the purging hopefully I can manage. I'll try and get a supply of nuts/dried fruit in as I think that's something I could trust and use to make up calories on the days when I do purge or not manage to eat enough in normal meals. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment